3 oz. Monterey Rye
2 sugar cubes
1.2 oz. Absinthe or Herbsaint
Lemon Twist for Garnish
- Pack an Old-Fashioned glass with ice
- In a second Old-Fashioned glass place the sugar cube and add the Peychaud's Bitters to it, then crush the sugar cube.
- Add the Monterey Rye to the second glass containing the Peychaud's Bitters and sugar.
- Empty the ice from the first glass and coat the glass with the Herbsaint, then discard the remaining Herbsaint.
- Empty the whiskey/bitters/sugar mixture from the second glass into the first glass and garnish with lemon peel
- You can add 1 or 2 ice cubes to the drink to chill if the person wants it a little cooler.
Monterey Rye Cocktail Recipes